Acton is DIFFERENT
study it, learn about it
We understand the approach Acton has taken is non-traditional, however it has the potential to be revolutionary.
Study it, whether you want to send your kids or not, even if you don't have school age kids or even if you don't have kids at all.
Familes of acton share their experiences
- Unschooling Rules, by Clark Aldrich (foreword by Jeff Sandefer, founder of Acton Academy Austin)
- Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns, by Clayton Christensen
- A Thomas Jefferson Education: Teaching a Generation of Leaders for the Twenty-First Century, by Oliver DeMille
- The One World Schoolhouse: Education Reimagined, by Salman Khan
- Talent Code, by Daniel Coyle
- The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything, by Sir Ken Robinson
- The Spark: A mother’s story of nurturing, genius, and autism, by Kristine Barnett
- The Beautiful Tree: A personal journey into how the world’s poorest people are educating themselves, by James Tooley
- Nutureshock: New Thinking About Children, by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
- Podcast featuring an interview with Jeff Sandefer, founder of the original Acton Academy in Austin, Texas
- Freakonomics podcast: Think Like a Child
- Freakonomics podcast: How is a bad radio station like the public school system?